Monday, August 15, 2011

First day back!

WOOOHOOOO!! I was able to get in my room today after meeting with my team. I stayed until about 6pm and then almost got locked outside of school, I couldn't get in the building to go to my car LOL. Luckily Myrna was in building with her daughter still and she let me in.

I got my desks and bookcases out and put where they should be or near to it with stuff still in corner that doesn't belong to me. My room in the portable is A LOT bigger than my tiny room last year and while I don't like being in a portable this is a bonus along with being able to put room as hot/cold as I want. It took me a little bit to figure out the air condition and was running it on one until I went and looked at the second one again and fiddled with it. DUH!!! I hadn't moved it enough to turn in on. So tomorrow hopefully it will be cooler.

Meeting with my team was a little rocky due to I think my fault in not approaching what I was saying the right way. Hopefully we/I can get beyond that and have a great year. I sometimes say something without realizing how it sounds so I am working on that this year. I do think that everyone has some good ideas and I know were are going to do our best to have our students do well on the new STAAR test even though we don't know what it will look like :0)

Hopefully will feel tired in the next 30 minutes so I can go to sleep! Later!!!

No comments: