Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sigh.

Ok I know it has been a long time but I am trying to get this up and running again. I am trying to get a new job in 2nd grade and I will post how it goes. The job fair is May 21 so it is pretty far off right now.

The reason for the change is a lot of things. One being that I know I won't be moved at the campus I am at now. There is a lot of issues why which I won't go into since it is still going on :). I am burnt out of the TAKS stuff and I feel that a change in grades will help since I can't pursue my real goal which is to go back to school to be a school librarian.

Martha on my team is almost complete with her degree for this and it really makes me upset that I can't pursue what I really went in to teaching for since I had to have 3 years of teaching to be a school librarian.

This goes back to my trying to jumpstart my goals again. I am trying to make rules for myself money wise so I can start having money in the bank and not be so broke all of the time. I have also started my 403b plan up again so when I retire I will have something to help live off of since I can't get Social Security due to the Texas Retirement System for teachers.

My next goal money wise is to stop spending so much money on books and eating out. I don't keep track but I must spend about 200 dollars a month on books. Eating out is also expensive and is one of my downfalls on my wanting to get healthy. So if I cut that back I hopefully will help on my weight loss plans.

On my weight loss goals I have really dropped the ball. I am eating healthy sometimes and others I really jump off the deep end. I am still emotionally eating or boredom eating which needs to stop. I also haven't been to the gym in over 6 months which is sad since I worked so hard before. With the stress at work all I want to do is go home and be left alone. I don't want to go to the gym or get out my work out videos. This prompted my wanting a change at work.

~Tina

1 comment:

Lori said...

TINA! It's been so long since you updated that I haven't checked in a while LOL.. but I'm glad to see that you're back! I hope the job search goes well... I'm sure it's frustrating to not be doing what you want to do. We have the same issues with retirement in Maine... totally not fair that we can't get Social Security, in my opinion! Sorry to hear that you're struggling with the weight loss... I'm still hanging in there with TBLDS, but some days are definitely more of a challenge than others. For me it's not the exercise part, but the food choices. I don't think I'll ever completely conquer emotional eating either!
GREAT to hear from you! Stay in touch!