Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Donna

Well i got an email from my friend Donna who's son has recently been diagnosed with leukemia. I have really been feeling guilty because I have not been in contact with her since she told me this. I understand what she is going through because my mom and brother both died from cancer. I am feeling guilty because my way of dealing with difficult things is to avoid them so I have not talked with her at all. I really don't know what to say to her. It makes me think of my mom and brother which brings back the horrible times. I went to the site she set up for her son to communicate with everyone and seeing the pictures of him getting treatment made me soo sad and made me think of the times I went with Shawn to get his treatments at the Cancer Center. It was very difficult to see my brother this way, I can't imagine how it feels for your son who is still a child.

I am going to try my best to send emails at least once a week and maybe do some pictures for her scrapbooking.

~later

No comments: