Sunday, May 07, 2006

Books and Moview

Been very busy with reading lately.

Wolf who Rules by Wen Spencer. WOW!!!! I can say that this was as good as if not better than the first one. I really like the complex characters in this series. And a male elf? Yummm!

Hammered by Elizabeth Bear. Well I have to say I got half way through this book and gave up on it. It was too techie/science/military for me.

Megan's Mark by Lora Leigh. HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!! If you like your stories with sizzle and good characters Lora is one of the best. Love the Breed Series and was very worried about transitioning from ebooks to mass market paperback but she has done it well. I have to say that Ellora's Cave has some of the best writers in the romance field writing for them and most people don't even know about this ebook company! Although now they are moving to print. These stories are not for the faint of heart. Very graphic.

Heart Thief by Robin T. Owens. Fantasy Romance. The hero is a theif/outcast because he doesn't have any psi powers so he was ousted from being leader of his house by his uncle. The heroine is a judge that must help decide his fate and has empathy psi that he blocks so she feels at peace. I must say I thought this wasn't bad. I have Heart Choice and Heart Mate on it's way from paperback swap so I will read some more of this series to see if these are as good or better. One thing I was irritated about tho was the names with the first initial and an apostrophe like T'Ash.


A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. First book by her that I have read. Another werewolf book lol. Different take again with the girl being a Valkie wolf hybrid. She was a little mousey but got more kick butt as the story progress. The hero was great as well. I will definitely read more by this author!

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter. I had a hard time finding this at discounted price but finally got it!!! I must say I liked it alot even though a lot of reviewers didn't. The character is alot like Anita Blake but I liked that. The twist being about Aliens living in world. Her romance was a little weak but it was fine with me since I knew that about her from the other book I read by her (something about a Dragon). I will definitely keep reading this series but not the one about the dragon (the newest in that one in that series is something with Atlantis in the title)

I saw Flight 93 which I didn't really want to see but my Dad was treating so I went. It was very tense through the whole movie because I knew what was going to happen. I must say it really made me understand better why/how this could have happened. I thought the movie was very good and took into account the survivor's families feelings about this tragedy.

Also saw Ice Age 2 with my nephew. I liked it alot but it wasn't as good as the first I don't think. That's it for now!

Talk to ya later!

No comments: