Saturday, July 30, 2005

Talk with friend

Well I got a call from my friend Donna yesterday. Must say that I felt guilty not calling her since I have free long distance through cell phone.

It was so fun talking with her again about what it is going on with her life. I met her at my first teaching job which was a very difficult assignment and made me doubt wanting to be a teacher a lot. I had her to talk with and I would just go hang out in her room during the times I had free times from the kiddos. Boy that kept me sane in a very toxic enviroment.

I just finally decided that I couldn't deal with these people anymore and plus by then my brother Shawn had been diagnosed with colon cancer so I made a strong push to get out of Houston and back to San Antonio which meant leaving one of the best friends I have ever had.

It is very difficult for me to meet people and make friends. I am not a trusting person and I am very .... ummm.... blunt? assertive at times? Some people don't like that I tell it like it is and I don't like to play games with people.

Well I really miss having someone to talk to and just vent with. Sigh. I also hate HATE talking on the phone so I feel guilty every time I think I should call her and don't. I really must make more of an effort to call her more often.

She also mentioned a possible trip together during the summer which I thought was a SUPER idea. Since I am not married nor have anyone to travel with this would allow me to go somewhere without my Dad who I go everywhere with (we went to England, New Jersey, and just got back from Alaska).

See Ya~

No comments: