Friday, June 24, 2005

SPURS WON FINALS!!!!

Okay it has been a while since I have posted but I am back!

The Spurs won the FINALS!!!! WOOOHHOOOO!! For those who know me I am not a big sports fan but with SA being a big town to support their team hey, how could I NOT watch the last few games. Let me tell you it was a nail bitter too for game 7!

As side note as I was going to eat lunch after helping Paula with getting the Reading & LA closet cleaned we bumped into RASHEED WALLACE!!! Wow my first celeb and I didn't even know who he was. He was coming out of Panda Express and getting into a taxi as we were getting out of our cars. I whispered to Paula "Hey isn't that a b-ball player?" And me being a non sports person didn't know who or what team he played for but it was obvious he was a b-ball player. Anyway Paula said she thought so too but wasn't sure. Well when we went into Panda Express everyone was talking about who it was. Boy he doesn't look the same in real life. He wasn't that tall and was real skinny LOL.

I wanted to watch the Today show this morning but D*&(&* I missed it. Dad told me about how arrogant Tom Cruise was and how he got into an arguement with Matt Lauer. My infatuation with TC was out a long time ago but this further makes me disgusted with him. As a teacher I see kids everyday who are ADD/ADHD who NEED meds and their parents refuse to give it to them andwho suffers? The kids big time. I understand where they are coming from but you see such a HUGE difference in these kids. Before meds they can't focus or stay on task and get bad grades or are behaviour problems. After they are able to sit and concentrate and do work and behaviour usually improves too (although it may not). I am NOT for drugging them so bad they don't know which way is up or am I saying ALL kids who have ADD/ADHD should be medicated since sometimes there are alternative options. But saying that it doesn't work or is wrong to give kids is (gasp!) stupid! (As a teacher we are told not to say this and I even had a parent tell me that it was a curse word)


Okay off my soapbox. Talk to ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How right you are, Tina! Tom Cruise, as well as other 'looked up to' celebrities have over-stepped their bonds by discussing issues they know nothing about and/or have never experienced. Kids, as well as adults, experience attention problems. Today, we are so fortunate to be able to help these people become successful contributing members of society with the help of medication. These kids and adults formerly were labeled as problems and burdens to society. Instead of helping them, we provided them with the means to live the lives we prescribed for them by ignoring the underlying problem of these usually very intelligent and wonderful people. Kudos to you for being brave enough to say something!!!! Donna